Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Checking in

Hey everyone! Just thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing. You all must be really busy with school starting up since there hasn't been much blogging lately. I guess that's what I have to look forward to someday. Work has been a little hectic for me this last week. We had 4 children with Croup in the last 2 weeks and I sent another one home yesterday with
102.9 fever. It's been major disinfecting the room week. I love the children in my class. It's a whole new class with new kids just moving up into my room, 8 of which came from the toddler class that I had before. The kids show me their love everyday which makes me feel good about the job I'm doing.

Lena is doing fine. She lets me know she's okay by moving all the time. She plays games with James. She'll kick a bit, and then when James puts his hand on my tummy, she stops. Then when he takes his hand away, she starts kicking again. They'll go back and forth with it for a bit and then she settles down. This morning we sat there and watched my tummy move. She was really kicking a lot. I'm enjoying being pregnant, and I'm getting quite a belly. Don't worry, I'm not gaining weight too fast. The last two doctor visits, I had gained 6 pounds at each visit. The visits before, I was either not gaining or gaining half a pound. The doctor says I'm doing just fine.

James is doing well too. Work keeps him busy. For the month of August, he was voted Employee of the month. He works very hard. I'm quite proud of him. Fatherhood is setting in. He's become quite the penny pincher. He's just trying to make sure that he can provide for his girls.

Hope everything is going well for everyone. Can't wait to see you all at Labor Day weekend. We miss you all. I miss Annie, Ashley and McKenna's silliness; playing games with Allison, Emily and Connor; watching Mitch get a kick out of blowing up food; seeing Reagan get excited about everything; watching Josh's eyes get big when Abby Claire catches a big frog; watching all the others scramble around to catch frogs; Luke just makes me laugh; watching Katy follow Abby Claire everywhere; catching Moriah with a marker and a blue mouth; and who can forget that contageous laugh that Elijah has. I also can't get over how much of a young lady and young man that Bailey and Hutton have become. They're all growing up. I just can't get enough of my family. God has blessed me so much, and I thank him for such a wonderful family.

Love you all!
April

1 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Rita said...

April,
I just can't wait to meet Lena and hold her in my arms. She sounds like quite a little gal. We are cruising through the glaciers in Alaska--absolutely beautiful. Love you all, mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home