Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Big Week, Big Day

I haven't posted in a long time, but this has been a big week for us so I thought I would share a little. Our kids start week 3 of school tomorrow. Anda, I don't know about 5 kids, but I know that our lives are very full with 4. I won't go into the schedule because it would sound like whining and you wouldn't be nearly as sympathetic as I want you to be. But it has occured to me that the level of inolvement required for a child to participate in even one activity was determined by someone that did not have more than two children. Earlier this week Alan and I were with a group of guys wondering if the world has gone crazy.

Today was one of the most exciting days I can remember. It was a least 10 years ago that I can remember thinking and talking about planting a new church locally. My mantra was "new churches reach new people." I didn't do much to bring it about, but to see it born in flesh and blood was overwhelming to me. It was a great day. Ben and Trisha are doing some great work. It will be fun celebrating for the next few months. I can't wait to see what God is going to do with this work.

This week the elders decided to give me a chance at the executive minister position that Mike Wiley had. I am not sure what all that means and I am a little overwhelmed by all that needs to be done, but I am as excited about this new role as anything I have ever done. The elders are supportive if cautious. I haven't told all the staff yet, but those who know are extremely supportive. I am grateful and humbled by that. We will announce it to the rest of the office support team and talk about it with all the staff tomorrow. I believe that I can serve Jesus here. I am looking forward to the challenge.

Our house is a couple of weeks from completion. I love it. It is going to be a wonderful place to live and minister. We can't wait. I love you guys. I am looking forward to labor day. We won't be there until Sunday afternoon, but we will enjoy the time we have.

Grace,
Tod

1 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Jill said...

AWESOME on the new role at GCR, can't wait to see your house completed, and yes, the world of scheduling has gone mad (see comment on Anda's post).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home