Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Overwhelmed

What a day it has been! After a much needed nap this afternoon, I have been reflecting on all evening. And the prevailing feeling is overwhelmed. I'm overwhelmed with gratitude to God for how He has been at work to lead us to plant a church in Odessa. I'm overwhelmed and humbled to know that so many people are sacrificing a church family they love, friendships for them and their children, to come and be part of New Life. I'm overwhelmed by the generosity of the men and women at GCR. I'm overwhelmed with joy at the opportunity to be doing what we're doing. I'm overwhelmed--just overwhelmed by what's ahead ahead--the magnitude of it, the eternal significance of it, the God-sizedness of it.

For those of you who weren't at GCR today, I'll give a brief recap of the morning. The worship time was very special, a video about why we're going, Ronnie's thoughts about why GCR is sending us, Tim's communion message describing the journey of "believing God" through this process, a commissioning of our group, and all our new church members gathering in the center of the auditorium, surrounded by the whole church singing "The Lord Bless You and Keep You." During class time they had a baby shower for us. We set up displays of (at least a sampling of) everything we will need to start a portable church--from the sound system and office supplies to hundreds of things for nursery through high school ministry. I've done more shopping this week than I can remember ever doing! After the second service, the New Life church gathered in the gym again to eat and break down everything.

Some ways God has confirmed His work in my life this week--
*I have been praying for a leader for our cradle roll--the only area still needing a team leader. God has sent Tamarie--a newlywed who has never taught cradle roll before, but is so excited about it! Last night after she spent hours setting up her display with all the baby things and teaching things--puppets, animals, baby Bibles, etc., she thanked me for all "her stuff"! She is so excited to have the opportunity to teach Elijah and whoever else God sends us each week. Inexperience shminexperience. God has sent just the right person for the job.

*Mary Cooper, music teacher at LBJ whose room will be our cradle roll, asked me today whose class Alex was in at LBJ. I had been dreading sharing with her that we'd decided to send him to MCS, and here was the moment. I told her, she hugged me and exclaimed, "I'm so glad! That is an answer to prayer! I've been so worried about him being there." She went on to explain that, while she loves the kindergarten teachers, their classes have at least 22 children and not much learning is going on and didn't speak highly of the LBJ environment in general--"morale problems".

I'm rambling. I'll stop for now, but I sure am feeling blessed tonight! I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend. Our plans are still uncertain. It looks like Ben will have to be here Saturday morning at least. We plan to stay through Monday, though.

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Trisha -

The service and shower was amazing - I couldn't believe all that your team had done!
I'm so excited for you guys, and love getting to hear all of the stories of how God is using your family. Your faithfulness to Him is very encouraging to me!
love you!
Jill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home