Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

bits of humor

A Luke story: Maybe there is no way to communicate the hilarity of this story, but if you can picture Luke...

We're sitting at our table finishing lunch over the weekend and Luke yells from the bathroom that he has pooped on the floor. After RB and I sit there kind of waiting to see who gets this one, RB valiantly stands and heads for the bathroom. After cleaning up, RB is back in the kitchen and we hear Lukey singing at the top of his lungs "You're never fully dressed without a smile." We look at each other and bust out laughing, but it's even more amusing when he emerges from the bathroom (still clueless that anyone else is on his planet) singing it again while walking around with no underwear on. If the kid ever truly realizes how funny he is, we're in trouble.

I've also been pondering lately if 5 kids is too many - I mean, obviously, it's not because God has ordained every single one. But I cannot count how many times I've been asked lately if they're all mine. Some people look amused, others look completely shocked, and some look at me like I'm crazy. About 3 weeks ago, a girl stopped me and asked if I was Catholic. Today, we were sitting having drinks at Sam's with Dad before we went shopping and these sweet little Mexican women were sitting beside us. After Randy left, the older one looks at me and asks if they're all mine. When I tell her that they are, she says that I have a beautiful family and that they just don't see many white people with big families. Okay, so maybe I'll start telling gawkers that we are fair-skinned Mexican Catholics! Ha!

Love y'all,
Anda

3 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger Rita said...

Anda,
All those comments sound really familiar (especially, "are they all yours?" and "are you Catholic?"). They just don't recognize blessings when they see them. I wouldn't trade places with anyone in the world. On a quiet moment gazing at the ocean on this trip a rather obvious ah hah moment came to me--I am the most blessed woman I know of anywhere. When I was big and pregnant with Randy with four more hanging on to my skirt, most people just wouldn't have seen it that way. I am proud of you. You are blessed, and because of you, I am even more blessed. I love you, rb

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Rita said...

P.S. I loved the Luke story. I laughed out loud in the computer room until the other people wanted to know what was so funny. Give him a hug from his Grandma.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

You are blessed, woman! As we all are! My eyes are filled with tears reading your blog and mom's response. How could the world understand the depth of the riches of God's blessings through our precious children? Don't you sometimes want to say, "Oh, if you only knew them. McKenna is... and Josiah is... and Luke is... (absolutely hilarious!!!... and Moriah is... and this one will be special in ways we don't yet know!

You make us all proud as you walk by faith and trust the Lord with your family. He is good! And you are in my prayers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home