Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Good news...

I just have to share with you about our first support team members. They once lived in Midland and went to North A. He was one who was waiting for the "go-ahead". Ben met with them last night after church and they gave him a check for $2,000 for the first year and said they hope they can give more next year. We were delighted.

They called back this morning and said they talked it over and changed their minds. Beginning in January, they will send us $300 a month (on top of the donation they already made). We just praise God for such generous spirits! He is so good!

I also got to meet Mrs. Rivas, the lady who is buying our house. I knew if I met her I would surely like her. She is a secretary at the high school, her husband is a truck driver for a gravel company here in town. She loves our house. She's planning to keep the "Jesus Loves Me" room for a playroom for grandkids, and the beach room for her guest room. I told her I had planned to paint a scripture in the kitchen and she wished I had done it! She speaks "God-language". Her husband likes to take care of people, so I feel much better about leaving our sweet single neighbors with good people. She was quite agreeable to moving our closing to the 22nd.

Can I just say that I like this kind of faith-building days?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home