Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Happy Birthday, Mitch!

By the time most of you read this Mitch will have officially turned 12. As I sat here tonight catching up on the blog I realized that I had not contributed in a while so I thought you guys might indulge me as I brag on my oldest son.

When I think back to twelve years ago walking out the door of the hospital room and lifting up my very own baby boy, tears come to my eyes. I was so excited and nervous. I wondered if I would be a good father and what kind of man would Mitch turn out to be. Who could have imagined the fun we would have and how proud I would be of him. I knew I would love him but I can't imagine being any prouder of him than I am today. Mitch has a heart for God. I rarely have to remind him to spend time reading his Bible and praying. I see The Lord developing his charater into a young man who is eager to show respect and serve. God has blessed Mitch with a passion for excellence and a strong work ethic. His teachers and Mr. Bruce brag on not only his intelligence but his ablility to discipline himself and focus on tasks until they are complete. I am especially proud of the way he is gaining wisdom as he seeks first to understand and then to be understood. He is charaterized by being honest even when it gets him in trouble. He is caring and kind to his younger brother and sisters who think he is the greatest big brother in the history of the world. When I called Josh from camp last week and asked him "do you miss me?" he replied "not as much as I miss Mitch." Mitch is making a wonderful impact on his younger siblings.

I know you all know how great Mitch is, but I wanted to let you know how proud his dad is of him. Happy Birthday Mitch- I am glad I get to be your dad.

5 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger dale brown said...

Mitch, I hope you get to read this on your birthday. You are one great kid and I, too, am proud for folks know I am part of your family. On our trip I came to know you more deeply and appreciate you a lot. I am still getting emails from Brazil telling me to be sure and give Mitch a big 'abraco'(hug of greeting). Sorry I am not where I can give you a birthday hug in person, but we are thinking of you.

Grandpa

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Hey Mitch!
I'm thinking of you tonight! Okay, I got a little carried away posting baby pictures of you - I couldn't help myself!
Is it every mother's right to recall the labor stories of when their children were born on their birthdays? In honor of that time-worn tradition, I will briefly describe....just kidding! But I will say that you were my only child to kick their way out breaking my water at 2am. Okay, I promise that's all.

I love you & am extremely proud of who you are and who you are becoming.
love,
mom

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Jill said...

This is Emily. I wanted to wish you a happy birthday. Those baby pictures
are cute. Even though I am a pest doesn't mean I don't love you.

Emily

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

Happy Birthday, Mitch! You are a great guy--God-honoring, smart, creative, fun and handsome! I love to think of all the ways God is going to use you in your life, but it's obvious that He already is using you to bless others.

Both my boys have at times looked a lot like your baby pictures, and I hope that a lot more of you rubs off on them than just your good looks! You're a great cousin. I hope your birthday is awesome!

Aunt Trisha

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Rita said...

Dear Mitch,
Your Grandma is soooooo proud of you. I loved getting to know you on our trip--I will always remember your positive, sweet ways with all the Brazilians. I remember very well your Mimi and I sitting on the floor of the hospital outside your mom's room, trying not to get kicked out by the "powers that be." As I recall, your dad pushed you out, (Poor mom!)and I shall never forget the look on his face when he brought you out to tell us that he had a son. We all love you so much, and I Know God has great plans for you. Love you, Grandma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home