Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Just a little update

I haven't blogged in a very long time. Just thought I would check in. I have spent the morning copying and pasting some blogs from the archives into a document to save. I have thoroughly enjoyed reviewing our family history just during the past few months. What a blessing!

I enjoyed my mother's day--mainly just reflecting on what wonderful children/grandchildren God has blessed me with. I am so proud of all our younger mothers who are doing such a wonderful job.

We just returned from a week with Dad's sisters in Charleston. We had such a fun time staying at a wonderful house on the oceanfront. I woke up each morning to the sound and view of the Atlantic ocean--such a reminder of the awesome God we serve. On the last morning Dad and I were walking on the beach and I was collecting little shells--something I just can't seem to resist. Each shell is so different in size and texture and color. I thought about the fact that each one is a beautiful, intricate home for one of God's little creatures. Since I am in the middle of working on the home He has given us, it was a great reminder that He is the supreme designer of homes and knows everything about beauty and texture and color and details and size. My home is as much a gift from God and a reflection of His care for my needs as those beautiful little shells scattered along the beach.

Speaking of that, we really are in total chaos. Without boring you with the details, just know that at the moment every square inch in the house is covered with a layer of dust, and the only functioning shower in the entire house is the gameroom bathroom. Tod and Lee Ann and kids (and Rose) will be moving in tomorrow. I layed awake worrying about Bailey's asthma with all this dust. I am ready to be done with it. I told Dad last night that it had been a long time since our marriage had been tested by a remodeling project. Surely it can survive one more. To add to the circus, the upstairs and Elisha Room air conditioners have to be replaced before they can be used again, which will require some reworking of the ductwork in the attic. We leave for Brazil on June 2 with Mitch.

I am going with Tod now to pick out some windows for their project. This could be a sit com before it is all over. Tod says we are making a memory much like our trip to California in the Honda. Our family loves to make good memories, don't we. We need some new stories for our teaching opportunities I guess. We will keep you posted.

I love you all, and I love reading the blog. I thank God daily for such a wonderful, joyful, loving family. I couldn't be more blessed. Love, Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home