Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Teaching

Well, it's official. On Monday, I move into a different class. The lead teacher for one of the two year old classes has decided to leave, so I was asked to take the lead of that class. I had some reservations at first, since I just love toddlers, but the good part is that when the kids in my toddler class, turn two, they will move into my two year old class. I'm excited about starting something new. It's not like I haven't worked with two year olds before. I'm already having to do the lesson plan for next week and since Cinco de Mayo is next Thursday, I'm doing a week long lesson over that. At first I thought, "Sure, I can do Cinco de Mayo". Then I sat at the computer an hour and a half ago and thought, "What am I going to do?" I prayed for patience with myself, and just started searching on teacher sites. So, now I have a lot of ideas. We are going to make a mexican flag, play dress-up with panchos and sombreros, do a mexican hat dance, learn spanish words, count in spanish, break a pinata, and make and play maracas. I also have color pages of a mexican boy and girl in traditional mexican garb. I'm really excited about this lesson. I love to teach. The fun thing about two year olds is that they can understand and do more than toddlers. I'm going to have so much fun with this class. I just thought I would share my excitement and my new thing at work. If anyone has any other ideas for Cinco de Mayo, let me know. I'd love to hear them.

April

3 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

April, you encourage me! Bless you in your new 2 year old teaching role!

Anda

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Sounds like you've got some great things planned! I think you're going to really enjoy the 2s. Maybe a few less diapers!!!

I'm proud of you, sis!

love,
Trisha

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

April,
That sounds like a perfect job for you. It sounds like you are doing it with excellence. Keep it up.
Randy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home