Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Friday, April 15, 2005

New puppies!

I will post some pictures very soon, but I wanted to officially announce the arrival of four very cute little puppies to our home. Lucy gave birth Wednesday morning to three girls and a boy (sound familiar?). Two are black and tan and two are brown. The father is a long hair brown daschund, and they tell us we won't know whether any of them are going to be long hairs for several weeks. Allison and Annie made me promise to come get them out of school when the delivery started, so Holly did a little home schooling with the kids on Wednesday. It made for quite a biology lesson.

Holly said Annie had a puzzled look on her face towards the end of the day, and then she asked "Mom, if puppies come out of the dog's bottom, where do babies come out?" Holly explained that babies come out of a mommies "bottom". Annie was silent for a few seconds and then asked "Did we come out of your bottom?" Like I said, it was quite a biology lesson. The miracle of life is an amazing thing to see.

We have one of the puppies who is a runt and having a hard time getting enough to eat, so we are having to supplement with a little bottle of puppy formula. Holly is putting all of her experience at her dad's vet clinic to good use. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

2 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

I shudder to think what would have happened if Luke had been there. I suspect somewhere during the process he would have said the words, "juicy toot." Mom, do you have any advice for us?

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

Okay Randy "juicy toot" made me laugh... as the mom of three boys I had to... The puppies are adorable and I will say Holly is handling it all with the grace and calmness she usually handles things with. We are still looking for the place God wants us to be house wise...I'm so glad He is in control and not me or I would be getting a little frustrated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home