Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Sunday

I continue to try to model good blogging, but some of you are content to lurk without contributing to our journal. I would love to hear from some of you we haven't heard from in several days.

Today was Bailey day. We worked all afternoon to get ready for a surprise 16th birthday party for Bailey at her small group meeting tonight. (Dad, sorry we couldn't make it over to help get Christmas stuff put away.) There was cake, pizza, party favors (my favorites were the folding parachute men and the glow in the dark silly putty) and a crown for Bailey to wear. We ran into one of those moments when everything converges and we were running all over the place taking kids, friends, picking up and dropping off. It was crazy but Bailey was completely surprised. We had a great time with about 30 of her friends.

Bailey was on a panel speaking to 6th grade girls about purity. I know she did a great job. They didn't invite the dads to be there so I just have to assume she did. I love that they asked her to do it. When she got home she practiced parallel parking. She is a little worried because her parking space at school demands it. She says the boys stand outside before school and make fun of the girls who can't do it. I think she will be fine. Tuesday is the day. I will administer her driving test. I think I will pass her. I am still thinking about how I can use my power to get something out of this. It should be worth something but I don't know what. I am open to suggestions.

Lee Ann meets her precepter tomorrow night. That is the experienced nurse who will work with her over the last semester during her clinical hours. She is working post-partum from 10 pm to 6 am 2 nights a week with two full class days on Monday and Tuesday. Just 110 days to go. (I know I said that last week, but it was supposed to be 116.)

We had a great week with Stadia last week. I hope Ben and Trisha will write something about it. Trisha I called Tim and Melinda's cell, but they haven't called me back yet.

That's all for now. Grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home