Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hutton spoke

Dear Hutton,
I snuck in to the stadium tonight to hear you speak at Field of Faith. I heard you didn't want all your family there to make you nervous, but I just couldn't not be there. (Honestly, I can't imagine being much more nervous than speaking to 2000 of my peers!) And I am so very glad I went.

What you had to say was powerful, challenging, important stuff, and you said it so well. I am VERY proud of you.

But even more than that, I am learning from you as you walk faithfully through your grief. You "get it", like David and Job and Habakkuk and the Canaanite woman got it. I don't know why God has chosen this path for your life. And like you, I'm not sure I really want to know, but I was blessed to see you choosing to be a blessing to others even through your pain. What I saw on your face and heard in your voice was a sincere desire for those teenagers to get it too. I'm praying that some of them will.

I'm writing this to you on the blog so that the few members of your family who didn't get to sneak in and hear you in person can celebrate the work God is doing in you too.

Love you,
Aunt Trisha

1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

Dear Hutton,
I wasn't even there, but I know that God used you powerfully. I can't exactly describe it, but God has put you on my heart a lot lately. I dreamed about you and your family 3 times last week and the Holy Spirit just keeps bringing you up specifically. He has something big for you.
Love,
Aunt Anda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home