Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Lena

Yesterday, Lena asked to go potty. So...I took her to the potty and she went on the potty! She asked again later and did it again! We have started a new era in our lives now. She understands now about going potty. I haven't pushed her at all towards it, but she's asking and going.

She's becoming such a big girl now. I say all the time that everything about her is a two year old--her age just hasn't caught up yet. It's so cute to listen to her sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." Her version is:

"Twinkle, twinkle...star....how I wonder....are
up.....high.....diamond.....sky
twinkle, twinkle....star.....how I wonder....are."

That seems to be her favorite song. That and "Jesus loves me."

Our conversation this morning was:
Me: "Lena, we need to get dressed now."
Lena: "No"
Me: "We are going to church this morning. Do you want to go learn about Jesus?"
Lena: "Jesus, Bible?"
Me: "Yes, we will learn about Jesus in the Bible, but first you have to get dressed so we can go to church and learn about him."
Lena: ---looks at me like she's thinking---
Me: "Jesus wants to do what mommy says and get dressed."
Lena: "Okay."

If it has to do with Jesus and Church, she's happy to oblige. At bedtime, she always wants to hear a Jesus story.

God has blessed me with such a precious girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home