Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Jesus

MoMo was in trouble in time out the other day, sitting on the floor after we prayed about obeying. Her prayer had been a little flippant and so I was telling her that Jesus is really here. She said, "Yeah, He's right here" and she started looking around trying to figure out where He actually was (this whole concept of Jesus being here but being invisible freaked her out so much a couple of months ago that she had trouble going to sleep!). She finally decided that He was right beside me on the floor and told me so. When I started to get up from this little discipline section she exclaimed, "Oh! Don't step on Jesus!!" Love that little muffin.

Anda

1 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Reminds me of a conversation I had with my kids tonight. They've been more distressed than normal about dad being gone so much this summer and I was telling them about Tod's "Because You say so" sermon from Sunday--a very good one and perfect for the moment. (Peter responds to Jesus' instruction to go out and cast his nets--a pretty unreasonable request, it might seem--with "Master, we've fished all night and caught nothing, but because You say so, I will do it." His point was that God wants us to have that kind of Because-You-say-so attitude.) Katy had been listening all along and said, "I'd really like to know what the whole Bible is really all about anyway." I love these kinds of questions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home