Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

high-tech inventions

Rita thought I should blog about this and I told her it was too humiliating, but here I am blogging about it anyway. We had some people over for lunch on Sunday, so we had a loaded dishwasher by Sunday afternoon. I try to start it and it doesn't work. On Monday, I try again and still no luck so I finally call Sears that afternoon and schedule them to come repair my dishwasher this morning. In the meantime, I'm washing everything on the counter by hand. Last night, RB comes home and starts messing with it just to see if he might be able to repair it. I look down and my dishwasher is running. Everything seems just fine. It then occurs to me that I didn't remember ever pushing "start" (I've only had this dishwasher for 3 years - it's not like I'm not quite familiar with it). Thank goodness I discovered that little oversight before I paid the Sears repairman $60 to tell me to push the "start" button....

Somebody PLEASE tell me that I'll have a few brain cells left by the time I'm done raising 5 children - and bite your tongue if you're thinking of making any blonde jokes!

Anda

1 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Jill said...

I wouldn't dare give you a blond joke - I have had those moments with and without blond hair!
Yes, it will be a miracle if we survive motherhood with any brain cells left. However, there is hope. Mitch is gone on a mission trip and my other kids are at my parents - I have felt brain cell recovery taking place - amazing what clarity I now have!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home