Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

What a Christmas

Well I am sitting here thinking about Christmas and all I can say is wow- those of you who were there know what kind of "wow" I'm talking about. Thank you Mom and Dad for everything. I can't imagine anyone in the world who could have had a better Christmas. The material blessings are incredible but but the real blessing is being a part of this wonderful family. It was such a joy to see all of the cousins playing together. They are all incredible. Someone asked me the other day if any of the cousins were brats. I can honestly say that it is a joy to be around each of them.

Mom and Dad I want to thank you for all you do. Not only for Christmas but for the fantastic heritage you have given us. The way you guys modeled following Christ is evident in each of my brothers and sisters. I am so proud of each of them. Tod and Lee Ann are raising some of the best kids I have ever met and doing great Kingdom work through GCR.

God is using Ben and Trisha in incredible ways at New Life Church. I am really enjoying having them close enough to observe first hand what God is doing in their lives.

I am enjoying getting to work almost daily with Alan as he models what a christian Lawyer looks like. My girls especially enjoy Allison and Annie - Aunt Holly has a lot to do with that.

I always am wanting to have a conversation with Randy about something, it seems like. Our time was short this year - I guess 5 kids kind of keeps a guy occupied-Anda is an amazing mom to pull-off five beautiful, sweet kids.

I'm also really proud of James and April for entering "parenthood," and for James pursuing an accounting degree and the way he has earned the respect of his co-workers.

Thank you all for blessing my life, Jill's life, and especially the way you and your kids are blessing my kids' lives - can't thank you enough for that. Mom and Dad, you have a lot to be proud of - it's a big, chaotic, WONDERFUL, family. Thank you for being incredibly generous with each one of us in lots of different ways. I love you both,
cb



Jill says she will post pictures later

2 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Amen and Amen! I love being with every one of you. I already missed you all today! That might have had something to do with the much-less-fun day I had cleaning up Elijah's throw up every few minutes, but mostly because you all are my favorites! I always treasure our time all together. Thank you all for the blessing you are to me, Ben and our children. I won't try to repeat all of what Cary said, just Amen! Thank you, Mom and Dad. I still can't quite get my mind around it all, but oh, how blessed I am!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Rita said...

I hardly know what to say. I, too, am still trying to get my mind around it all. Of course, the main blessing is this incredible family--each and every one of them all the way down to Isaac and Lena. Thinking about our Christmas together is like exploring a wonderful castle full of beautiful rooms to explore, each full of treasures and lovely things. All of it centers around the relationships we enjoy with each other and with Jesus. I cried most of the time during church Sunday just thinking about the bond we share as we all worshipped together (even though it was a little chaotic at times :)) Thank you all. Jill, thank you for the pictures. You got some great action shots. I was hoping someone captured them on film. Cary, thank you for a heartwarming blog--it made my day!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home