Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

VICTORY!

Just had to share that this morning (I guess yesterday a.m) the kids and I had our first outing together without anyone else. Here's the CRAZY part - I chose a trip to the MALL to see Santa as my first outing!! I mean, sure it took about an hour and a half to actually get out the door, and then when we finally arrived at the mall we had to sit in the car for another 20 minutes while I fed Isaac. But it only took about 5 additional minutes to get Moriah and Isaac loaded up in our wonderful double stroller - AND WE WERE OFF! (I might add that an added bonus of this little adventure was that I actually KNEW where Moriah was for 2 whole hours - having here strapped down is a dream right now!) My kids were wonderful, we got our picture with Santa, AND we even ate lunch there (complete with ice cream CONES for dessert)! The most fun part was responding to the barrage (sp?) of comments concerning the number of children with me and whether or not they were all mine. I proudly responded that they were and enjoyed watching people's expressions. One Dad asked if they were all mine and when I said yes, his teenage son said, "I'm sorry." I indignantly said, "well, I'm not!" We're having fun trying to figure out this new parenting adventure! See you guys in a couple of days!

Anda

2 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Rita said...

Anda, I always check the blog first thing in the morning. Your words made me cry as I recalled my days with 5. The comments are a part of the adventure, and I am so proud of you. It IS a blessing, even though it doesn't always seem that way. Way to go sweet daughter-in-law of mine!!! I couldn't be prouder. What an incredble adventure--though I am impressed that you chose your first outing to the mall a few days before Christmas, which challenges me even alone!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Anda, I'm impressed - you've got guts! Way to go "little" family of five! I think what I really admire is the picture with Santa. At about 18mo-2yrs all of mine were terrified of Santa. I gotta see that picture!

We're really ready to see you guys!
love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home