Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Friday, October 14, 2005

80's fun

When I was pledging Tri Kappa Gamma, we had an 80's day, since we were started in the 80's. I wore an old stone washed denim skirt, a big men's white button up shirt so it was over sized on me, with the sleeves rolled up, and folded down socks with heels. I wore my hair in a very high side ponytail with my bangs teased big, and plenty of bangle bracelets on my arms. I also had gum in my mouth and constantly blew bubbles and popped them. I was the only one dressed like a teen from the 80's. All the others pledging with me dressed as they did as elementary kids in the 80's. It was kinda fun. I'm sure there's a picture somewhere. I am curious as to where we'll be 20 years from now. I hope like others that some trends don't carry on for long. I think the sequined purses look rediculous. I would like the trend of the "covered tummy" to come back and also the "longer and more decent skirts" to come back too. Hopefully things will change by the time Lena gets old enough to realize some things. But I know how society goes. It's never the way we wish it could be.

Hope everything is good. My nursery is looking great. Mom has done a tremendous job. I love how it is looking so far. Hope everyone is good.

April

1 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Hey Baby Ape!
We'd love to see pictures of the nursery! Can you post some?

Sounds like you and mom had fun. Do you feel like you've had a visit from the Clean Sweep team?

We're off to the lake for YouthWAVE Summit for a few days. The kids and I will return Tuesday in time for the teens to have Oasis here. Ben will be gone until Friday.

Love you!
T.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home