Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

This and that from Mom (in Austin)

I began feeling guilty after I read Anda's blog. I may have over reacted by sending just a "few" pictures for your update. I am still at April and James, and we are having a great time. Today I made my way across Austin and south to the outlet mall where I found a bargain at the Pottery Barn Outlet for the nursery--a dresser that had been marked down to $99 from $749 because of a banged spot on a back corner, and a hutch to go on top that isn't the same wood but works fine. It all blends with the crib they got from Alan and Holly. Tonight James finished putting the crib together, and we put the new bedding on. April hung all the pink stuff in the closet, and it sure looks like she will be a well dressed little gal. It is beginning to feel like something special is about to happen around here.

Alan, I have taught April how to fold a shirt and we are having fun working on the laundry.

I finished my defensive driving course online this morning with 5 days to spare. It sure was boring.

I am managing to stay out of town while Melissa empties every closet and cabinet to get ready to put the last of the new carpet in on Thursday. The pool table, entertainment center and piano all present a challenge. Melissa can take care of it, I am sure. We gave our couch to Tod and Lee Ann, so I guess I better go furniture shopping tomorrow.

Anda, how are you feeling? My "plan" is for you to be early and April to be late. Does that work for you? Somehow I have no doubt that it will all work out. What a fun dilemma for a Grandma!

It is time to find my place on the floor and get some rest. I will hit the floor running again tomorrow. Trisha, you can tell my Beth Moore class that I will miss them, but I have my lessons done. I hope to be there next week.

I love you all. How blessed we are! Just look at the pictures and give God the glory. Love, mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home