Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

80's Day

Eighties Dress-Up Day at Midland Christian makes me feel old - wait, I am old! The girls and I cut up some old sweatshirts and used the sleeves for leg warmers. They had a little "Flashdance" look going on.
Last night, they wanted to see some pictures of me in the in the eighties to design their "look." My hair was so big and so hair-sprayed I'm sure it was a fire-hazzard. Mitch couldn't believe that I had a shirt with an alligator on it - he thought lacoste/izod was new. I told my kids that one day their kids will be having "2000" dress-up day - I wonder what they'll wear? Jean jackets? Gauchos? Flat Ironed Hair? Nike Shocks?
My favorite outfits that I saw at school today were Betty Linthicum's balloon pant suit with a big bow at her waist and one in her hair - nice poofy sleeves. I'm impressed that she still had them AND still fit in them - she's amazing! Mrs. Lary dressed up in a Hawaiian shirt and was Magnum PI, Mr. Tom Selleck. I had a big crush on him.

Any other ideas of what our grandkids will be dressing up in on "2000 Day?"

2 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

My favorite 80's outfit yesterday was a teenager who dressed up like an 80-year old man. I thought that was clever. Although Emily and Ashley are much cuter!

One trend that will probably not last through the ages and will mark this decade--sparkly purses (whatever you call those sequiny things). They always remind me of Rainbow Fish. Saggy jeans for boys. Low-rise cowboy cut jeans for girls. Yoga attire. Hairpieces. The gypsy look. Exposed tummies. (Please let this be a short-lived trend!)

I wonder what will become of iPods, laptops, plasma TVs, Tivo! Where will technology be in 20 years?

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

I love 80's day. Bailey also did the flash dance look. Cut up sweat shirt, leg warmers, jean mini skirt and leggings. The boys just did the turned up collar and spiked up hair. This year on Superstar Day Bailey dressed up like the Saturday Night Live character...the Catholic School girl...she looked so great and walked in school and everyone thought she was Britney Spears..oh well. Homecoming week wears me out..second only to magazine sales! Bailey and Hutton are both out for Homecoming...I really feel old!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home