Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Hey, "Rio Dude!"

Hey Mitch and bloggers! We just talked to Mitch & he said blogging was a good way to keep in touch, so you all may be hearing too much from the "mama" in me on the blog. Mitch sounded great - all keyed up - assured me he was ok from the wreck. He was apparently in a small car with some Brazilian kids and got hit from behind by a truck. Sounds like it could have been worse than it was - God is good and gets all the credit for taking care of him. That was totally a side note to everything else that he told us - he is LOVING Brazil. Wants all of us to go on a family trip there.

Cary had a great weekend at the lake with the girls for their father/daughter weekend. They had synchronized jumping and swimming contests - lots of laughs, lots of great memories.

My mom's 60th celebration was incredible. Great all-inclusive spa right on Lake Austin, beautiful setting, fancy "girl-food" (we did manage to smuggle in a signifigant amount of chocolate), lots of laugh-until-your-stomach-hurts moments, and special memories of my mom were told & made. We set her up with a mini hot-pink ipod, loaded with all of her favorite music, books & biographies. We loaded more music on after she opened it and had big music jams late at night.

We all got home Sunday night and had 4 precious kiddos waiting for us. McKenna, Josiah, Luke, and Moriah are darling, sweet, and funny cousins. Seven kids is a FAST pace - I'm a little rusty on the baby thing, but it's coming back fast. There's nothing like baby-hugs around my neck. It always feels like such an honor when Moriah reaches for me - I love it. The three amigos (Josh, Josiah, & Luke) have really been playing great together. I was kind of expecting an "odd-man-out" syndrome, but that hasn't been the case. Luke can run with the best of them.
McKenna & Ashley spend most of the time in Ashley's room with the door locked playing with their American girl dolls (I think? :0 ). Emily has been my eyes, ears and arms with Miss Moriah - this would be much tougher without her!

Trisha, I hear of lots of older houses having termites - not a deal buster in the cases that they can get rid of them and repair the damage. Sounds scary, and it can be, but seems common, treatable & fixable. I didn't get to see your house the other day, but I am really thrilled for you! I hope your "wave" party will be upbeat & sweet.

Love you guys - love & miss you, Mitch - thank you Grandma & Grandpa!
Jill

2 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Jill--
You're amazing! I'm envisioning you and your 7 kids, and I know your backyard and your kitchen bar are busy places! Really, you're amazing!

I'm so glad your spa celebration was fun. You always know how to make people feel loved and special!

I wish you could've seen the house, but you will get to soon, I hope. We're pretty excited about it. The kids are excited about having a big backyard "like at Josh's house." Alex is already dreaming about what we need to put back there.

Have fun with the kids! You're making sweet memories for them!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

Jill,
You ARE amazing and this is one mama who is more grateful than you will EVER know! The silence is getting a little weird around here - I'm missing my kids! I'm assuming that no news is good news about Moriah and the diarrhea - prayed for her (and you)!
I was cracking up last p.m. when I read Mitch's blog. What a blessing to have grandparents who take their grandkids on such adventures! Can't wait to hear all about it.
Love you! We'll talk soon!
Anda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home