Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, March 28, 2005

Returning from Easter

We just got home from spending Easter at the lake to find out Randy & Anda's good news. I have always suspected that Randy was more competitive than he appears. He waits for his brothers to get fixed and then one ups them with # 5. I started to call the REVERSE # but Jill indicated she didn't think that was such a great idea- So congratulations to Randy and Anda. I will leave it to my sisters to challenge for the crown of most grandkids.

On another note I will share what is going on with our family. We spent the weekend at Brownwood. It rained all day Saturday which is my favorite way to enjoy the Lake. The kids used the paintball masks to protect their face and enjoyed riding the go kart through the mud-they love the go kart - thank you out-of-town aunts & uncles. The Lunsfords spent the day with us on Saturday. They are some of our special friends- It makes me feel old to say that Will and I have been friends for 20yrs.

On Sunday we went in to Austin Avenue COC. While we were on spring break we visited a rock & roll church in Colorado Springs (Free Wind Church-lots of jokes about that). I wanted to give our kids some different experiences. They liked the Rock & Roll. It gave us a chance to discuss the differences and to teach them about what a special heritage we have. Everytime I visit a small Church of Christ I have a special joy thinking about our grandparents.

Next week is our Oil & Gas Conference so this will be a very busy week making sure everything is ready. I had to bribe Tod to be the MC again this year which will make 11yrs in a row. He makes us look good. Dad & I are also facing some big directional decisions at work. They are exciting, humbling and confusing all at once. Please pray that we will hear God's leading.

I enjoy hearing about all the good things you all are doing. Sounds like Easter was a big day for some of you. I want to hear more about it.

Keep Posting,
cb

1 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger Rita said...

Cary, I loved your blog. It may even inspire me to blog again. I am praying for your business decisions. I wake up every morning absolutely overwhelmed by God's goodness. I love you. Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home