Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Please God, catch me!--bw

When is the last time you took a really big risk of faith and asked a whole bunch of people to make that "leap" with you? I feel like I have done that and the ground is coming up on us real fast, but I can't tell if a "parachute" will open or not.

That is what I feel like tonight. We have prayed for over 40 days asking God to do specific, miraculous things in the lives of our neighbors. I believe He is answering our prayers. We have invited nearly 5,000 of our neighbors to worship with us tomorrow. And I believe many will--I just don't know if they will worship in our building or someone elses.

I wish they would come to our building -- probably more for selfish reasons rather than the amount of work their attendance would require of me. Perhaps my prayer needs to be: Lord, place your people right where you need them, regardless of what that does for me or Glenwood or the "Church of Christ."

It is enough to see the change of heart that You Lord, are making in our people as they pray for our neighbors. It is enough to finally take on a project that brings the body of Christ together and makes us stretch! It is enough that people who have been disengaged are getting excited about the church reaching out to our community. It is enough that You are alive Lord. It is enough that I am alive tonight and that You care more about my neighbors and church than I ever will.

P.S. -- If Lord, You would rather me smack the cold pavement of reality in a painful way, don't let me ever think I failed. Ready my feeble legs for more audacious leaps tomorrow. --bdub

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home