Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Where is everyone?

Hey everyone! Just wondering what happened to all our bloggers! I'm missing you!

While I'm here, I'll just fill you in on life here in Tyler. We're in the middle of "8 Days of Worship". Starting last night we get to have church every night this week. Reminds me a little of the gospel meeting days but with a different focus. Tonight Ben was in charge and I have to say it was awesome! He did a "concert of prayer", which had everyone curious. Some wondered if we'd be singing prayers for an hour. He set up about 20 prayer stations around the worship area--kind of a hands-on, experiential way to pray. It included everything from scrolling through the names of our neighbors on powerpoint to a footwashing station. I was brought to tears when I saw Bill Chambers on his knees washing my husband's feet. One of those moments that will go down in the archives of my mind.

I love the way God moves us when we pray.

We finished our 40 day fast, and Alex is now enjoying eating chocolate again. He remained faithful to the end--never once wavering from his commitment. We celebrated with homemade Paradise Pie (like Chili's makes)--our new favorite dessert treat! Alex asked me tonight if he could have something chocolate for breakfast. Maybe we'll make pancakes with chocolate syrup or something! I don't have any chocolate breakfast recipes--what a shame!

That's all for now. We love you all!
Trisha

2 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Alan said...

We are here, just busy. Holly had her JBF sale last week and we are still recovering. Glad to hear things are going well in Tyler. We will try to do better on the blogging.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger April Cogburn said...

Chocolate chip muffins are really good. I also did well with my 40 days of not drinking cokes (with the exception of Sprite). I'm going to try to keep cokes out longer if possible. Gotta minimize the caffiene for getting pregnant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home