Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

My Plea for the Mug

This is CB. I've been grappling with this all day. For the good of the family I humbly accept the mug. I will not resort to stealing or name calling, I will rely on Alan and Tod to do the right thing and turn over the mug. Upon its receipt I will store the mug at the office for Dad and I to share. I will also commit to allow blood relatives to use the mug while they are visiting the office. I believe Randy has once again shown wisdom beyond his years. This is the fair thing to do. I will post again when the mug is in my possession.

On another note, I had a great time with my beautiful girls tonight. Eating spaghetti & playing bingo is my idea of a perfect Valentines Date.

On the giving issue I think Alan and Holly are setting a great example for us all. While grappling with the Kingdom Now campaign, I had the following thoughts:
1) I am not responsible for the use of the money. It is a comforting feeling knowing that I only have to worry about the things God puts on my plate. In this case, that is only "what should Jill & I give." That is an easier question.

2) God's economics are not the same as business economics. In business you work with a budget and allocate to the projects that are most profitable. God owns everything and doesn't need my money. It is more about my heart than the project. If he calls me to give to a project, He will provide for other projects. I don't have to make sure that the money is going to the most worthy cause- only that I give where the Lord is directing. If another ministry come along He will provide the resources if He calls me to be the giver.

Just some food for grappling.
cb




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home