Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Just checking in...

Hello, dear family! I have so enjoyed hearing from each of you! Connor and Reagan, I'm very proud of you guys, as I am of all your cousins. Each time I'm around you all I'm thankful for the positive influence you have on my family. Thank you for making good choices! You lead us well!

We finally have 3 little fish in our new aquarium. 20 cent goldfish, as we're told they will likely not survive the 1st 5-week cycle of the tank. Apparently it's a somewhat delicate ecosystem that has to learn to produce it's own good bacteria and get rid of the bad stuff, and that's kind of tricky. Stripe, Orange and Snowfish seem very happy for the moment, and you would have thought we lassoed the moon from ALex and Katy's response to them! I get a report each time they (the fish) venture into the sunken ship, each time they take a nibble of their food, etc. It is delightful to see the way my children delight in little things! Reminds me that whether it's the beauty of snow-covered mountains, the power of a tsunami, the thrill of athletic success on the basketball court, the brilliant, unique coloring of 20-cent goldfish, or just the simple delight of all 3 of my children napping at the same time, God has given me many reasons to be in awe of Him!

We look forward to being in Midland next week. We're going through Stadia's assessment lab. From what I understand, it will give us a clearer picture of where we fit best in the church planting movement. We'd love your prayers--for God to reveal Himself to us in new ways and for our hearts to be responsive to His leading. I don't have any idea what the result will be, but I think it will be fun! We'll arrive sometime Monday and stay until Friday. Any games Thursday night? We'll be done with the Stadia assessment lab by 4:30 Thursday. Alex and Katy (and hopefully Elijah part-time) will be in the care of Mom from Monday to Thursday, and I know they'd love to see their cousins, so keep them in mind!

Here's an amusing story--On Sunday I led Children's Worship with a terrible-sounding cold. I introduced something new--the Blessing Box. Our preacher's daughter went home and told her parents all about it, but no matter how much her mom tried to correct her, she assured her mom that it was not a blessing box, but a Breshing box. That's what Miss Trisha called it! So, on that note, I pray God's breshings for each of you today in all the adventures He has for you!

love,
Trisha

1 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Alan said...

We look forward to your trip to Midland. Thanks again for the help with our table. I look forward to hearing more about this mysterious "Breshing Box".

--Alan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home