Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

You left just in time

The snowbloggers left Midland just in time to miss one of those amazing 50 mph wind blown days where all you see is brown. I'm glad you are enjoying the beauty of Lake Tahoe.

I am excited for Randy as well. He is doing what God made him to do, and that makes me happy. When we heard Randy was going, I sent an email around my office to see if anyone wanted to give some money to help buy medical supplies. Apparently it got forwarded by a few people and I received checks totaling $2,000 to send to Randy. One of the checks came from the parents of the boyfriend of one of the attorney's daughter, who live in Cypress, Texas and who had once lived in Sri Lanka and Indonesia. They were so excited to be able to give to someone who was going directly to the area. It was fun to open my mail everyday and see what people were giving. It was a good example of the body of Christ at work, each one doing their part.

Lastly, thanks to my great brother-in-law Ben, my wife has been spared the trip to Longview. Ben is renting a trailer in Tyler and bringing the table to us on Monday. Thanks so much for helping out. I owe you one (probably more than one).

Love,
Alan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home