Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day, Dad! I'm thankful to be yours! You have given me everything I needed to be successful in this life and the next. What more can a girl ask for?

Tod preached at New Life this morning, which was a wonderful treat for us! He talked about 5 things God did for Jesus (at his baptism). He was present and available. He was physically affectionate. He verbally expressed his feelings. He said "I love you." He said, "I'm proud of you. Who you are. How you were wired. Whether you ever doing anything or not." Dad, you have been such a great father to me. I have lots of mental snapshots in my memory of these things.

One of my favorite things Tod said this morning: God intended for those of us who have the loudest voice (dads, and moms too!) to speak the truth in our children's lives. I'm so thankful for the truth you have spoken to me in a million different ways. As we work to pass on truth to our kids, I'm grateful for your encouragement and for your help! I love you, Dad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home