Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Conversations with my daughter

Lena and I were just sitting together and talking about different things. She noticed my glass of water and asked for some. She drank it all, then told me she drank it all because she likes water so much. I told her it was fine she drank it all because water is good for you. Then the conversation changed and this is what was said:

L: "It's good for us to pray, isn't it?"
Me: "Yes it is."
L: "It's important to pray to God every day, so we don't make him sad."
L: "I don't want to make God sad."


I just love that girl. She's learning to pray wherever and whenever she wants. Lately the prayers have been that the baby in my tummy grows big and strong and comes out soon.


It's conversations like this that make me feel like I am doing something right in parenting.

1 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger dale brown said...

April, Lena is very blessed to have you and James as her parents. You are doing a great job of caring for her and leading her in 'the way she should go'. This next little one will have the advantage of three to show her the way. Love you lots. Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home