Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, June 08, 2009

Picnic in the park

Today around lunch time, Lena came to me and said, "Let's have a picnic", so we made a picnic lunch of PB&J sandwiches and baby carrots (Lena requested the carrots) and grabbed a sprite and dr. pepper, and headed to the park. We ate our food, and then Lena went off to play at the playground. After a short play time, it was really hot, so Lena sat in the shade in the rocks with another little girl. The little girl kept throwing rocks, and Lena tried it too (to which I reminded her that we don't throw rocks). The little girl kept throwing rocks over and over, and I was really proud of Lena because she didn't follow and did not throw rocks. They were having a conversation with each other, but I only heard what Lena said. Here is what some of the things I heard Lena say:

"Hey, don't throw rocks."
"Hey, you hit me." (She didn't do anything back to the little girl)
"Mommy, she keeps throwing rocks."
"Why do you throw rocks?"

I was really proud of Lena for taking a stand on what's right and showing the little girl how to behave.




Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home