Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Friday, May 29, 2009

MARCH 28--A HARD DAY!

I have decided that I am the only one that ever looks at this blog so I can post whatever I want. Today (even though it is technically "tomorrow") was a really tough day. March 28 brings memories that tear my heart into pieces of scrapnel. I found myself watching the clock to relive every moment--to prolong the memories of Connor's life as long as possible. But as the afternoon went on, the moment that changed all our lives forever closed in. I made two trips to the cemetery. Grief is hard.

The good news is that we ended the day with such a fun time with Reagan that it seemed we had honored Connor more with our laughter and celebration than I did with my tears at the cemetery. Reagan just had the baseball game of his life. I may not understand everything about heaven, but it was easy for me to picture Connor having something to do with it and laughing with glee as Reagan hit his first ever over-the-fence homerun with two men on. It just seemed the right way to feel his presence--having fun rather than crying. Connor loved having fun and celebrating life.

We still have so much to be thankful for. Bailey was at the game celebrating with Reagan. Tears turned to laughter. God is good.

Love you all more than you can ever know, mom/grandma

2 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

I read the blog and we were praying a lot yesterday. Love you all.

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

Me too. We prayed and remembered all day. I sure wish I could have seen that homerun, Reagan! I was thrilled when Grandma called me to tell me about it! We love you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home