Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

The Great Hunt

Hey Gang,
As you know I have never been a hunter, but Hutton has always loved hunting and fishing. Earlier this summer our friend Paul Horne asked what he could do to help us. Paul is one of the most respected outdoorsmen in this part of the country. I asked him if he would help me stay connected with Hutton. Since then he has invited us on a couple of hunting trips. He called me earlier this week and asked if we wanted to hunt deer. I almost had the words out of my mouth before Hutton said yes. He was great to bring along his little brother. We met Paul's friend Tommy Hill in Big Lake. This is only my second time to hunt for deer, and I have never heard anyone describe an experience like ours. We saw more than 12 bucks in 3 blinds, including 3 twelve points. We had to choose between several to shoot. They asked us to shoot 8 point bucks and leave the 12's for next year. The boys and I had a blast. Paul was great. I think we are spoiled. I don't think it is supposed to be like that all the time. The pictures are a little grainy, because they came from my phone. One of the guys took better pictures and should send them to us later. Sorry Mom. I know you don't like this post. But you asked us to share what we have been up to.
Tod

3 Comments:

At 1:05 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

Wow! Those are some impressive deer. (I'm sure that means a lot coming from your very hunter-savvy Aunt Trisha!) They do look huge, which I understand is a good thing. Will those antlers be going up on your walls?

I'm so glad you guys got to hang out together. Thanks for sharing the pictures and a bit of the adventure with us!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger James said...

Tod,

I'm glad to hear your hunt went well. The bucks look pretty impressive. It is a good thing to start with the 8-points and improve on that.

I can't wait to hear the stories.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Rita said...

Sorry, Tod. I am a bit behind in reading the blog. Everything makes me cry these days, and I am weeping as I think about you getting to spend such special time with your boys. I know it must have been so fun to watch them having such a great time. The deer are quite impressive. I am not a hunter, but I know it is a pretty universal guy thing, and I am thankful for my guys. Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home