Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Old age has its moments

Alan has really made me think. What else about old age is a matter of taking the path of less resistance?

Many times I have noticed that older people can behave boldly differently because they are not concerned about what others might think. At this point I am not all the way down that road, but do frequently think about the reality that my future is not nearly as big a part of my life as it used to be. That, frankly, is more motivating to be productive than to sit down and give up. Dreaming of how things can be better is still fun for me.

I feel tremendously blessed to have a wonderful legacy of younger warriors in place to carry on when my time comes to relax and be more of a spectator. Traveling with Alan yesterday and today was a lot of fun. Being part of the Legacy board meeting with Cary firmly and confidently in charge was also lots of fun. That was just yesterday and today! Every day my kids and their mates give me joy and satisfaction.

Seeing Bailey so all grown up and making her way in the world of 'responsible' big people both makes me proud and, to some degree, pleased to think that she and her generation will do better than I and mine have done. I commented to Rose last night at the MCS game that it is a bit strange to see Hutton so close to being a 'man'.

There are some really good things about getting old.

Love you all,
Dad

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Thanks for reminding me that it isn't all bad. I can certainly say that my relationships have grown richer with age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home