Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Alan does us proud - again

Well, I was going to include an image of the front and and an inside page of the Texas Monthly Super Lawyers edition but could not get it done. None of you will dispute my claim to being rather technologically challenged.

If I could have done it, you would see (maybe Alan will figure out how to post a blog with the proof) where Alan was selected as a Rising Star among Texas lawyers. I am not exactly sure how the Texas Monthly folks found out about it but I have not a doubt at all that it is true. It is a really big deal that they noticed.

Alan, I am extremely proud of you as a lawyer and as a man. Frequently I enjoy hearing comments from someone who has encountered you professionally about how they are impressed with how good a lawyer you are, and a super nice guy to boot.

Your 'rising star' shines brightly on all of us. Love you.

Dad

6 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger James said...

Congratulations Alan!!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Way to go, Alan! I was just bragging on you to Cary and to Holly about what a great lawyer you are - how nice that the state of Texas recognizes that, too!
I also wanted to congratulate you on your golf game - Cary was way impressed with you this weekend!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Yay, Alan! How nice when others recognize what we already know about you. You do make us proud!

And I have missed hearing all about your golf weekend. Please do tell! (Permission to brag is granted!)

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Thanks everyone for all the kind words!

Since Trisha asked for it, I will say a few words about the golf. I posted several months back about a golf game with Tod and Cary. I feel like I owe them a debt of gratitude for their determination to make me mentally tough enough to handle difficult situations. It paid off this last weekend. I won all 4 of my matches, including the last one against a much better golfer. I came from behind to win the last two holes and win the match. I thought of the many rounds with my brothers as I stood over my last putt on 18. Instead of my usual "inside out and stab" I made a pure putting stroke and rolled a 12 footer in for par to win. Thanks Tod and Cary. Now I may be ready to try my newfound game on the two of you.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

Yea, Alan!! What an honor! Where can we find this special edition? Bookstores, etc?

Anda

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Alan said...

The April issue of Texas Monthly. It is a section in the back of the magazine called "Texas SuperLawyers, Rising Stars 2007".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home