Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Here's a roadshow update....

Cary and I got here Monday night, just planning on enjoying some time together in New York before all the chaos hit. After our plane landed, Cary's blackberry started buzzing and we quickly realized that the chaos was just beginning.

After some dinner, we decided to walk it off so we could justify some cheesecake at Stage Deli. When we got there, strawberry shortcake looked the best to us, and when we ordered, our waitress commented, "that's enough to feed four people." Why do people tell you things like this?

By then, we had gotten some concerning emails and Cary started one of his favorite games he likes to play called "Worst Case Scenario." He started off with the question, "What's the worst thing that could possibly happen?" Ten minutes later, he finished the game by saying, "I can't believe I ate that whole thing."

The next morning, Cary seriously felt like throwing up - partly from the shortcake, mainly from nerves. After some ups and downs and a few crazy turns, Cary text messaged me today, "we've launched!" Everyone at dinner tonight bragged about his video presentation that he did late this afternoon, and said that he was quite a "gamer" - pressure was on, and he did great.

The team has a full schedule of meetings tomorrow, and then we fly to LA that night for meetings on Friday. I know Cary is feeling SO much better to be at this point, and is really proud of the team and all the hard work they have done.

Keep praying for them!
Thanks, family - we love you!

2 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

Sounds like things are going great. We are praying for you and hope you are enjoying your time together...I know Cary loves having you there with him. Keep us informed...I think Tod talked to Cary yesterday but got disconnected. Love you guys.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I got my "friends and family" packet in the mail today. I know Legacy is going to do great! My kids have been specifically praying for Uncle Cary and Aunt Jill every night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home