Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry xmas to me

Well I wanted to share with everyone that after nearly 2 years of work we got word today that the SEC has no further comments to our registration. In other words, we are clear for take-off. Please keep us in your prayers. We will be hitting the road on January 2nd and hope to price by January 11th. We still need to find someone who wants to buy the stock, but at least we will be able to talk about it. There is a friends and family program so if you have anyone who wants in on the ipo, forward that information on to Will Lunsford.

SEC clearance was all I wanted for xmas- they waited until the last possible day, but after herculean efforts from our employees, accountants, and attorneys, the SEC sent couldn't think of anything else they could ask us to do--hooray!!!

I hope you all have a great and safe xmas. We are truly, richly blessed. I love xmas. I have so many great memories of celebrating with you guys. Mom, you have done a great job of filling our hearts with the true meaning of xmas. I can't think of xmas without thinking about the smile on your face every year as we opened our presents from you and dad. My heart is overflowing with gratitude. I still remember going to bonaza restuarant before we got our tree and hanging those ugly paper ornaments on it. We have come a long way since then- 6 outlaws and 22 grandkids. I love you guys. I will be thinking of all of you on xmas morning as my kids are opening their presents.
Merry Christmas
cary

3 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger James said...

Cary,

Congratulations to you guys!! I know you worked very hard on that for a long time.

Looking forward to next weekend.

-James

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Rita said...

Cary, Dad and I are sitting here by ourselves in our Four Seasons room. All the restaurants are closed so we ordered room service. I think all my kids had a great Christmas with their other families, and we are truly blessed. I got teary as I read your blog. I am SOOO proud of you. What a tremendous accomplishment. I also get teary thinking about those ugly paper ornaments from Bonanza. Our expectations were so much simpler in that day. I am looking forward to Christmas next weekend. Remember the ugly paper ornaments that you were all so proud of, and adjust our expectations accordingly. Our God is incredibly good and generous!!! Love you all. Mom

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

I'm wishing we'd made a toast with our Christmas punch and prayed over you as you prepare to go on this next adventure.

Know that you will be in our prayers as you go anyway! Congratulations! God has blessed you and us so far beyond what we could ever ask or imagine, and He just seems to keep on blessing! May His name be praised as you go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home