Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Baby Update--39 Weeks

Well, today was a busy day. At noon, I had my appointment. I'm still at a 2, but the doctor said she could feel the head when she checked me. I gained 7 pounds in a week, but I guess that's what Thanksgiving can do to you. I made such good mashed potatoes that I couldn't stop eating them. I would have eaten more of my apple pie, but that got burned. (Long story--ask me later). The doctor is hoping I'll go into labor this weekend. I think she's only saying that because she is on call this weekend. We'll just see what happens in the next several weeks.

At 3:00 this afternoon, I had a maternity massage that was so wonderful and relaxing. If you've never had a massage before, you really should get one. The massage lady told me she had to be careful and not do deep tissue massage at certain spots because it could start contractions. I told her it would be okay if it did.

At 5:00, we had a baby shower for us up at UT. They must really like James a lot because we got a lot of great stuff. There were maybe 20 people there. James' professors went in together and got us a nice digital camera with a 512 mb memory card. James must be doing his job right for them to like him that much. Now all we need is video camera.

Anyways, it's been a great day. Very busy, but great. Christmas is coming soon. Can't wait to see you all. Everytime I look at all of Lena's clothes, I keep making a mental list of cute clothes to dress her in while in Midland. She's got such cute clothes it's going to be hard to make a decision of what to dress her in each day. Even all her gowns and footed sleepers are cute it's hard to decide. I guess I better wait till she gets here.

Love you all. I love hearing about everyone's stuff going on in their lives. Keep blogging.

April

2 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Wow, April, it was a big day for you! How great to go from an appointment, to a massage, to a baby shower - fun! We are all getting excited to see Miss Lena. I always look forward to Christmas, but this year will be extra fun with two new babies!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger dale brown said...

April, it is great keeping up with what is going on in your exciting life. These days you are more and more taking into consideration that new little one that we are all looking forward to getting to know as someone other that a big lump in your tummy. What a blessing to have James doing well and enjoying good relationships at his work. You are right that it speaks very well of him that the people there would make the effort to be so involved in your lives. Tell him I am proud of him. I am proud of both of you. Look forward to seeing you before very long now. Love you. Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home