Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Brasil, Day 3

Well, we finally made it to Campo Grande. The reunion of ex-students has already begun. We had a wonderful day. I don't know when we will catch up on our sleep, but there is a lot to do and see here. The students at the training school are an impressive group in the classroom, but what they have done in Jardim Canguru is spectacular.

I preached at the Wednesday gathing tonight. The midweek service takes place outside. The whole group listened while it rained lightly. I really enjoyed it. I was terribly impressed with the work that has gone on here. The most impressive aspect of this church plant is the quality of men that have become christians. It didn't take long to see that they are leaders in this neigborhood. Everyone knows Mom and Dad. It is quite a legacy they have here.

Connor is great. He listened to hours of class in portuguese without one complaint and then played non-stop with the kids . They love him. He has gathered quite a crowd of fans. He is doing a great job of enjaging with kids and adults even though he doesn't understand very much. Zanatta and Leila are being wonderful hosts. We have had several good talks. My portuguese is coming along.

We are really tired and ready for bed,. Tomorrow starts early. Lee Ann check your email and tell the kids we love them and miss them. Grace.
Tod

4 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Rita said...

Tod, all I can say is how proud I am of you. I loved hearing of every experience; it sounds like the trip of a lifetime for Connor. I am so proud of you as a father. I am so proud of Connor. I am so proud of both of you for the love you are bringing to the people we love. I am always so touched and amazed by the people and the work they are doing. I always think they could teach us a lot. Keep blogging. I am loving it.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

Your blog made me smile. I knew Connor would charm them...he has a history of that. What an incredible experience for both of you! I know you are not only being blessed but being a blessing too. Give Leila and Zanatta a big hug and tell them Reagan said he is next!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

Oh I almost forgot...Reagan and I emailed you today!

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger dale brown said...

Tod, I just love to hear how you and Connor are engaging with our friends in Campo Grande. Faith is the word that comes to mind. God has a wonderful way of rewarding faith clearly beyond any results based on human attempts to promote a religious system. Give our love to all. Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home