Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, February 14, 2005

The Mug

Sensing favor from God to make a wise decision regarding the mug debacle, I came to a conclusion. The stealing may never end. Unfortunately, those who participate in such activities are difficult to reform. After reading Cary's beautiful, heart touching plea for the mug, I felt he should be it's new owner. The first mug, now tainted by thievery seemed unworthy of such an honor, so it shall now be considered the Lesser Mug. May it frequently burn the lips of those who drink hot liquids from it. The Lord has graciously provided a new mug, which shall heretofore be known as the Greater Mug. It was hand delivered by my faithful mother-in-law to Cary at his office today (along with a complimetary copy of Jimmy Seibert's World Mandate sermon.) My hope is that its moral teaching will keep him from the fate of the Lesser Mug villains. I trust that Cary will keep his word and appropriately steward the New Family Mug. Blessings to all.

3 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Alan said...

I am enjoying my coffee this morning from the Lesser Mug. No burned lips yet. I'll keep you posted.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Jill said...

You are funny, Randy. This mug thing makes me laugh. I know my husband will really feel blessed by the greater mug- when he read Anda's blog last night he said, "man, I was really hoping for a mug." I'm sure the CD is great, too, but the mug makes him feel "special!"

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

Congratulations, Cary! I certainly hope the Greater Mug doesn't bring upon you the response Joseph got from his brothers!

You know, I remember as a child I would cry when my brothers got a spanking. Nothing's changed. While I celebrate with my brother Cary, I sure hope your lips don't really get burned, Alan and Tod, whether you deserve it or not!

I love you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home