Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Adventures!

Probably the pictures tell it all. Sorry for the duplicate--I'm still learning lots of things. As you can see, I did something yesterday I never ever thought I would do. It was an incredible experience packed with lesson illustrations--humility, dependence, lack of control--all kinds of things. I really had fun, but this morning I felt I was just short of really getting it. As you have already been told, I fell a lot--it was the only way I could stop when I was out of control. I am so glad I did it. Cary helped us after lunch, and I think I learned more from him than from our class. I need to do it again some day, but probably with some advance conditioning. My biggest problem was lacking the strength to get back up when I fell. I couldn't get a ski off to maneuver myself to a knee. (Even Cary said the clasp was very difficult.) Anyway, I did it. I am taking Carolyn Hargesheimer's philosophy--if you have skis on you feet and you are on the snow, you have skied. I have skied. I have a whole new appreciation for the skill. Today, Emily and Ashley went down blacks, which Mitch has declared are 5 times more difficult here than in Steamboat.

Meanwhile, "the senior set" went snowmobiling. It was "way cool" as Bailey would say. We went for over two hours up in the wilderness with just the 5 of us (Ann, Otis, Tom Reed, Dad and I) and our guide--a young man whose family developed Squaw Valley.

I am loving hearing from all of you. The fish are darling. I read Randy's email to everyone today. Randy loves a challenge, and it sounds like he found one. We continue to pray for him.

We come home tomorrow. I think we are having our worship together in the Las Vegas airport. That will be different. Today the skiers poured into Squaw Valley by the droves for the holiday weekend. I think we did well to come earlier in the week. I continue to be amazed at Jill's planning and how well it has worked out.

Ben, you are a hero for bringing Holly's table. Thank you. Enough for now. Jill and I have both overdone the pictures. Love you, Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home