Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

more entertainment from the Como Browns

Since the Blog has been kind of slow lately, I'll go ahead and just keep dominating it with amusing parenting stories. I could fill you in on the latest details of despair in Como, but that might not be as encouraging. So Moriah stayed with my friend, Candice, on the Friday afternoon of World Mandate. Some of you know Candice, and Trisha knows about the amusing ongoing conversation about how Candice finds it absolutely unbelievable that I've never been in a fist fight. So when Mo wakes up from her nap, she and Candice are having a great time together discussing her baby doll and other Mo topics when Mo decides to climb over a baby gate and start playing on the stairs. Candice tells her not to because they aren't particularly safe. Mo says to her in a very disrespectful and commanding tone, "Ms. Candice, if you don't stop being so rude to me I'm going to punch you." I don't even know her response to her at that time, but Mo climbed back over the gate. A few minutes later, she climbed over again and as Candice is telling her "no" again and helping her climb back over, Mo-Mo follows through with her threat and PUNCHES Candice in the chest TWICE while making a really lady-like grunt. Candice is shocked that she's actually punched her, and trying not to laugh, as she puts her in time out on the couch and tells her to stop talking (because she is still spouting off threats and disrespect the whole time). She finally shuts her mouth and things were fine the rest of the afternoon. Candice feels bad that she got "double" punishment - good night! Time out for punching an adult? Randy did not feel this was quite severe enough. Now some of you may be wondering if perhaps Candice did something to provoke such crazy behavior in my precious little 4 year old, but just two nights ago Mo came and woke me up saying that she couldn't find her pj shirt because she took it off and didn't know what she was doing. She couldn't find it and we were in crisis. So I go and look everywhere for that pj shirt and i cannot find it. She begins to melt down and finally plops herself down in front of her door, shuts it, and very disrespectfully tells me that I am not leaving until I find her shirt. I tell her she can sleep topless or wear a different one and she doesn't back down. I begin looking for the spanking paddle and she hides in her closet, refusing to come out. So here I am at 4:30 a.m. spanking Moriah for throwing a fit and disobeying while McKenna looks on quite amused. Her rebellion has still not been driven back after the spanking, but I look one more time in her sheets and find the silly shirt. Why couldn't I have found it the first time???!!! She flips a little internal switch and sweetly replies, "Mommy, I'm sorry I was mean to you." Sigh. The girl has a will of iron and buns of steel to go with it! Pray that she'll figure out she's not in charge - SOON!! This is what you get when you sit around for years judging other parents for their obvious failure! Ha! the humbling just never stops.

love y'all,
anda

1 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Oh my! That girl is unbelievable! Bless you, Anda! I'm praying for you these last few days. Aren't you supposed to be getting lots of rest in preparation for little Malachi???

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home