Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Math Retreat

I just wanted to invite everyone in the family to participate in the Mighty Men Math Retreat at Providence Point on August 23-26. I was talking with the boys about it yesterday, and I started thinking about how everyone in the family has something to offer. Alan and Tod would be great at teaching math through woodworking. Cary and Dad could teach business math. The sister in laws could teach cooking math. The rest of us can find all kinds of ways to help the boys learn to love math. I'm really excited that Trisha is going to be leading the retreat again this year.

It's pretty clear that these boys need this retreat. As they raise money in their readathon I have asked several of them to figure out how many books they need to read to raise $100 if they get sponsored for $20 per book. Most of them have trouble figuring that out.

I love my family, and look forward to seeing most of you this weekend.

Randy

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

Amen and amen! How wonderful would it be for any and all of you to be part of the retreat! One of the funnest things about the reading retreat was getting to be Dr. Brown's proud sister. He is doing such a great job with those boys. Those boys would be blessed to know all of my brothers and sisters (in-law)! Let us know if you're interested. Even if you can't come, all creative ideas for teaching math concepts are welcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home