Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

random thoughts

Okay, I'll just go ahead and warn you that I don't think this blog will sound very upbeat (ha - I just read it and that is an understatement; I'm considering erasing the whole thing!). I can't remember a time when life just felt so heavy (and Tod and LeeAnn, I'm so aware of how trite much of this will sound in light of the heaviness you guys are experiencing - almost seems silly to even express this, but here I am, writing anyway).

We're just in the middle of a grieving season and I think I don't know what to do with it or with God at the moment. Losing Connor was, and still is, a sad, sad, grieving place for all of us. In the midst of that, I (more than RB) have been "grieving" the loss of my "white middle class" world. At the moment, I don't want to see another movie or read another book about racism or the poor (and much of the time, don't even want to walk out my front door - tonight I walked out to my car on my way to rent a movie and ended up giving two rides for some of our friends at the apartments). I'm amazed at how the "homeless" sense won't go away. Feel like I don't belong anywhere. I think the worst feeling is that every time we're out of town I find myself dreading going home. Ugh!! Again, while I've heard this is all a normal part of culture shock, it seems like it will never end.
And today, I'm grieving the loss of my Granny (my dad's mother) who died this morning. She was 90 and it was time for her to go, and this is nothing like Connor's death in most ways. But it is still death and it is still hard. I was closer to her than any of my grandparents and she was the last one living. My aunt, uncle, and cousin basically watched her starve to death over the past week. Hard. Her funeral is Saturday. We'll be there before heading to Op Camp on Sunday.
Some of you know about my VERY bizarre (actually demonic) stronghold/phobia about throwing up and Randy is the fourth one in our family to go down with a stomach virus this week (praise God he got it before he takes his medical board exams on Friday). Luke, Moriah, and I are the only ones left - praying that this STOPS and that we can be healthy for this weekend, etc. And praying for relief from anxiety.
Add to all this the fact that I'm 9 weeks pregnant, feeling very yucky, and have had VERY little sleep over the past month (I think I've developed mild insomnia), and most days feel like only survival. I told someone recently that the kind of depression that keeps falling on me (it's not always this bad) is like having vertigo under water in the dark. You know the surface is up there somewhere, but you just can't seem to find it.

So why am I writing all this to you guys? I have no idea, except that I need you to pray. Want so much to be overflowing with joy and peace in Jesus and one of my consistent prayers right now is please don't let me go.

On a lighter note! I went to the doctor on Monday and was thoroughly pleased to see just ONE cute little baby with a strong heart! For some reason, I was a little nervous that this could have been two. Thankful we'll still be able to fit in large SUV's! I've already had a few of the "do you know what causes this?" comments and have thought of you, Trisha. Ha!

I'm tempted to wipe out this whole blog, but also know I need your prayers (and so does my sweet husband - we're both just so, so tired and he's living with me!). This IS just a season and God is using it for His glory and our good. I know that this is true, although I would be a liar to say that I feel it.

We'll probably see most of you in Midland this weekend. Love you all a lot and I'm very thankful for you.

Love,
Anda

P.S. Alan, on July 29th Ron and Denver (Same Kind of Different...) are going to be at a church about 3 minutes from our house speaking together. Just wanted to let you know because I had heard you say you'd like to meet Denver. We plan on going.

6 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Rita said...

OK, Anda. Right now I just want to hold you in my arms and let you cry--sob.

I am so sorry about your grandmother. I know she was dear to you, and death always leaves a hole in our hearts.

I am so thankful for your honesty about your present situation. I know that among other things those pesky pregnant hormones are playing havoc with your emotions, but you have so many other issues you are dealing with. My pregnancies were always miserable physically and emotionally. Be gentle with yourself--Jesus is gentle with you. I really don't know what to say except I love you more than you can imagine.

Right now I have too many of my children hurting and I am crying a lot about that. Oh how I would love to take away the pain. This morning I thought about how God must have longed to take away the pain of Jesus, and yet had to watch while eternal purposes were being accomplished. I will say that I KNOW there are brighter days ahead.

We would love for you to stay with us this weekend if your Mom's house is full. We are here with open arms. I love you, sweet daughter (in-law). rita

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Rita said...

P.S. For some reason the thought of that cute little baby is a blessing to me this morning. Are you going to find out if it is a boy or girl? (I assume it is too early right now.) We have been trying out new names on Piper. So far Piper just looks at me like, "Make up your mind!" We will get there. Right now the front runners are Penelope (Penny) and Contessa (Tessa). (Oh, they think Molly's cancer is back and spread throughout her lungs.)

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Tod Brown said...

Anda,
I am so sorry. You are a good and faithful woman. Thank you for sharing with us. We love you and are glad with you that you aren't having twins. Lament is the truest language of faith. Grace. Tod

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Jill said...

I'm praying for you, Anda, and I'll be praying for your whole family on Saturday.


We sure are enjoying McKenna - she is a sweetheart and is by far the best birthday gift for Ashley!

Love you so much!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

Oh Anda, I ache for you too. I am thankful for your honesty because it is courageous. Silence might be easier. It's good to know how to pray boldly and specifically for you both.

Love you and look forward to seeing you this weekend.

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Ben said...

Dear Anda,

I'm praying for you as you live boldly for the King (& camp op). I am really amazed at the strength God is giving you right now!

I'm also glad to know what's going on with you. After two weeks of being away from my computer, I feel like an astronaut coming back to earth.

It was great to see you, Randy & the kids today! I'm sorry about your loss, but I'm looking forward to taking your kids swimming this week & having them in our home! Love, bw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home