Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Let the feasting begin!

Mom asked me to blog a menu for Thanksgiving, so we'll start with the basics and let you all add what you want!

Turkey & Gravy - Mom
Dressing - Mom
Mashed Potatoes - April
Green Beans - Anda
Cranberry Salad - Holly
Green Salad - Jill
Rolls - Trisha
Apple & Pumpkin Pie - April
Jeff Davis Pie - Mom
Chocolate Pie - Jill
Pecan Pie - Jill
Other desserts - the rest of us...

Please comment with what you would like to be responsible for in the meal. If you sign up for an item or meal, can you also bring the ingredients for that meal/item? I'll list the rest of the meals and maybe we can each sign up for one and we'll work together for the ones with an *. For planning, please include when you will arrive and leave.

Wednesday
*Supper - tacos (Trisha)
Thursday
Breakfast - breakfast burritos (guys in charge?)
*Feast...(about 3 p.m.)
Friday
Breakfast - Breakfast Casserole (April)
Lunch - Soup and sandwiches (Trisha)
*Supper - Brisket, baked potatoes, salad etc. (Jill)
There are 2 frozen raw briskets at the lake we need to use
Saturday
Breakfast - Anda
Lunch - Anda
Supper - leftovers?
Sunday
Breakfast - cinnamon rolls (Jill)
Lunch - ????

Ben & Trisha's family plans to arrive for dinner Wed. and leave from the Midland Christian game Saturday afternoon.

13 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger April Cogburn said...

We will take Friday breakfast. I'll make a breakfast casserole.
We will be there Wed. night, but not in time for dinner. We will leave Austin around 6 p.m. We'll stay through the weekend.

April

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

We can take breakfast and lunch on Saturday. Trisha, we can talk about ideas for lunch on Sat (maybe something light??). I can also do green beans, cranberry salad, and desserts. We'll arrive sometime Wed. afternoon and leave Saturday afternoon or evening. Thanks for doing the list!

Anda

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Rita said...

Trisha,
I will also do the dressing. Mom

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Jill said...

We'll do the Friday night dinner, and make some cinnamon rolls for Sunday morning. I'll do the salad for Thanksgiving lunch and will also make pecan and chocolate pies. Our family will hopefully be there by Wed. night for dinner and will stay through Sunday. Thanks for the planning, Trisha!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Cary says we'll probably leave after the MCS game on Sat. instead of leaving on Sun.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm having a hard time finding something to make! You all are just such eager beavers! I'm down to do cranberry salad for Thurs. I am also planning to make cranberry bread for breakfast/snacking, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and plan to help Jill on Friday night.

We'll head back after the game too.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The Alan Brown family will be arriving on Wed. afternoon--leaving after MCS game.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

I'm bringing stuff to make a blueberry lemon cake and something chocolate--not sure what quite yet.

Sounds like most everyone's going home on Saturday afternoon.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

Okay, I know we already have a ton of desserts, but Randy really wants me to make sweet potato pie (it really is good) and this great Paula Dean sweet potato cinnamon cake! Just want to acculturate you guys! Ha!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger April Cogburn said...

Okay, I was going to bring a cake so that Isaac and Lena could have a liitle mini birthday celebration together, but with all the sweets people are bringing, should I even bother? Anda, what's your thought?

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

Hey April,
I'm going to bring some small cake pans and thought maybe we could make little cakes for each of them to dig into. I think the babies are probably the only ones who need the birthday cake anyway. Sound good to you? I'm assuming it's okay with everyone if we do a little party on Thanksgiving Day?

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger April Cogburn said...

Sounds great to me. I'll still bring the cake stuff. Little cakes would be great. Mom, be sure to bring enough film.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

Okay since I just got home from work about an hour ago I missed this whole planning thing. I think that Connor, Bailey and Reagan are going to be there Wednesday sometime...somehow! Bailey will be me so please ask her to help.
Our football schedule has made things so complicated that we considered making this the first Tod Brown family Thanksgiving here in Midland. Hutton has practice Thursday morning at 0900 and again on Friday at 2 so the three of us will not be there until around 3 and will either leave that night or the next morning. The whole family will leave after the MCS game. I'm not sure who will stay at the lake and go to the game from there. Just tell me what I can do. I will help anywhere I'm needed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home