Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thanksgiving

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving. Is it the best turkey that's cooked? Or is it Mom's stuffing or Trisha's rolls? Maybe it's the Turkey Bowl.
Whatever it is, combine that with the warmth, love, and fun of this family and you have one of the best holidays outside of Christmas. This has to be one of my favorites. I long to see all of you, to hug your necks, to play with your children, to hear all your news. I miss my family. Next Wednesday just can't come soon enough.

Along with Thanksgiving, and my tradition with it, I volunteer to make some pies. I really do make good pies, even though my apple pie went up in flames (literally) last year, and I plan to prove that it would have been great if it hadn't been for the flames. I also would like to make some yummy mashed potatoes. With Mom's help of course. I gave Lena the talk about how she needs to play nicely with her cousins so I can be an adult and help in the kitchen. I always in the past shirked away from the kitchen, making the excuse that I was taking care of the kids. Not this year. There are plenty of little babysitters and I am going to be an adult and take some responsibilty and help.

Anything else I can do, let me know.

See you all soon!

April

1 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Jill said...

So sweet, April - and you do make a great pumpkin pie! I haven't tried the apple, but I'm looking forward to it!
Can't believe Isaac and Lena are almost 1yr - her pigtails were precious!
See you on Wednesday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home