Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

we're alive!

Is it someone's birthday today? I'm sitting here having this moment of fear that it's someone's b'day and I've missed it!

Here I am blogging in my Lake Como Dr. living room like it's normal or something! If you had told me that I would be living in this reality even 2 months ago I would've laughed in your face. Living on Lake Como Dr. just a few houses down from some apartments, next to Lake Como, with no gate that locks and a shabby fence (they're supposed to start building a new fence, etc. this week), and no alarm system yet. One of my worst fears used to be sleeping - I thought I would never sleep because of anxiety. I haven't experienced anxiety one time at any time of day. We have a wonderful 83 year old neighbor who is very active and so sweet. I can't wait until we settle in little more and I can just hang out with her. We met one of the cops on this "beat" on Sunday and got the scoop on the neighborhood. I should be scared to death and I'm not. He said that they don't deal drugs at the apartments; it's just a "smoke house". Should this comfort me?! Ha! I've met a couple of the women from the apartments and they have been friendly and welcoming (one said, "Welcome to the hood!") The cop also told us that teens like to hang out at the lake and put marajuana inside cigar wrappers (quite a joint) - this had a name but I can't remember it. So far, we're getting quite an education.

This whole experience is surreal. But God just keeps confirming that it's His move over and over again. On Sunday, I took a tour of this beautiful Bed and Breakfast that is located a few streets over from us - how random is that. The house was built in the late 1800's and was renovated by this sweet couple about 9 years ago. After visiting with them for a while, we realized that 2 of their grandkids are in class at Covenant with Luke and Josiah. The lady was so excited and immediately started asking what they could do to help and told me that they would be praying for us.

Here's my favorite story so far. The realtor of the people who bought our other house is pretty well-known in Fort Worth and very successful, an older and experienced realtor. She called Randy today to get an address to send a check to and when Randy told her our address (3300 Lake Como Dr.) she paused for a moment and said, "Is that c/o John Peter Smith?" Randy said, "No, that's my home address." She paused briefly again and said (without laughing), "I DON'T BELIEVE YOU." Is that not hilarious??! Randy gave her the condensed version of why we're here and then she kind of back tracks and says that this land over here really is hidden treasure in Fort Worth! Ha, HA!

There are many more stories, but the bottom line is that we are humbled and amazed at what God has done and continues to do. I've never been more aware of my need for Him and of the fact that anything good coming out of us in this whole deal is Jesus. And while I've been preferring my world of imagined "safety" for many years now, I wouldn't trade this "scary" place of faith for all the safe days on the planet. He has never been more real. As Beth Moore recently said in the Patriarchs Bible study, "You better fear God more than the fear itself!" SO true!! Thank you so much for all your prayers and encouragement. We praise God for the grace that He is pouring out right now to walk into this - we won't always be in this "honeymoon" phase, but we're enjoying it now.

Blessings on you as you seek His beautiful face,
Anda

Our new address:
3300 Lake Como Dr.
Fort Worth, TX 76107

(817) 377-4708

2 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

All I can say is wow! You amaze me and encourage me Anda. Thanks for blogging. You are all in my prayers. You make me think and examine so much of what I seem to think is important...we love you!

PS: Bailey is so jealous of the school uniforms!

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Jill said...

So good to hear from you guys - what an amazing ride you've been on lately!

Love the way you tell of God's greatness and goodness in your life - that's encouraging to me!

You were right on about someone's birthday - we had a big blowout for Josh!

We'll be thinking of you these next few weeks as you get more "settled." Keep the updates coming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home