Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Pregnancy

Well, here's an update. So far everything seems to be going well with the pregnancy. I feel alright except that I'm tired a lot from working with 2 yr. olds all day. I went to the doctor last week and they did the glucose test that tests for gestational diabetes. The results showed that the level was high, so now I have to go in tomorrow and have a more extensive 3 hour test and have my blood drawn four times. After this one, we should know for sure whether I have gestational diabetes. I should know by the end of the week. I'm not too worried. I feel blessed even if I do end up with it. It only lasts during the pregnancy. I just have to figure out how to entertain myself for 3 hours at a doctor's office without eating or drinking anything for nearly 12 hours. I'll make it through. Anyways, I'll update again when I know something.

April

3 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Bummer! I hope you don't have gestational diabetes. I have had a few friends who did and it's a real pain. You have a great attitude, and you're right that it isn't the end of the world. I will pray that God will keep you and baby healthy.

Miriam Prude asked about you tonight. She said she just can't imagine you withchild. I told her you are a very cute pregnant woman--just a little ball in your tummy.

Can't wait to see you and Lena again!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

I had gestational diabetes with Reagan but was able to totally control it with diet. Let me know the test results. You might have to lay off the Twix and eat more protein but other than that it was quite easy to stick with. Take care of yourself and rest after work.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger April Cogburn said...

They said at the doctor's office that they were going to run the tests on the blood tonight, and I should know by Friday. I'm sore and bruised from being stuck 4 times, but otherwise okay. I still feel blessed to even have this child, and that's she's healthy. My asst. director's daughter is pregnant and just found out that she and her husband are both carriers for cystic fibrosis. There is a 1 in 4 chance of their child having it. I'm trying to help keep their spirits up and encourage them in spite of this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home