Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Super Summer!

I love summer! Lazy days, late nights in the backyard, swimming, yard work, etc...Today starts our first week of summer and everyone at 3119 Humble is ready! Our summer plans are full but relaxing all at the same time. THIS IS KIND OF LENGHTY, SO READ ONLY IF INTERESTED!

The kids and I will meet my parents in San Antonio on Wednesday and spend a couple of days at Hyatt Hill Country and Sea World. Then we are off to Brownwood for Memorial Day. We can't wait to be at the lake with everyone! After memorial day I will be getting ready for VBS the following week and looking forward to being with our Ft. Worth cousins.

Mid-june Allison will do a little Volleyball morning camp at Midland Christian and the other 3 a little morning gymbuddies camp. I am giving a dear family friend's bridal shower at our house June 18th so preparations are in the works! At the end of June Allison will be attending Learning to Lead at ACU and the other 3 will spend that week at Gran & Papa's house!

Our big family vacation to Jackson Hole/Yellowstone is July 15-24. We are really excited about that trip. We have decided to drive so I'm sure we will truly experience the meaning of "Family Road Trip" --Probably giving it a whole new definition!

Allison will finish the summer at Pine Springs the last week of July. We all are looking forward to Allie Ryburn's wedding August 6th. I've heard that they will have the cutest ring bearer in town! My parents celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary August 14th so I am wondering as the oldest and only daughter what I need to do for that!

Back to the lake. I would like to step out there and make a little proposition. I will not get feelings hurt if this idea is rejected...just a thought. Since I know we will all be at the lake Memorial Day, I was wondering if we should call this our "family weekend"? It might take some pressure off at the end of the summer--because who knows what the Brown family will be doing, remodeling, or living in September! I know that Ben & Trisha's church will be launching the weekend after Labor Day and who knows, maybe Tod & Lee Ann might be moving in! I know that Bailey has a shot a varsity VB and it might be hard to get away for her. I just know that we are excited to be going this weekend and maybe we should capitalize on the inaugural lake weekend of the summer. But then again I don't want to force the idea if the Lord had another "family weekend" planned somewhere down the road. Is anyone in agreement?

Well, that's our summer in a nutshell. Love everyone and can't wait to be with all you over Memorial Day. Do I need to bring food? Should we post a menu or assignments?
Off to plant 200 caladium bulbs! Love to all, Holly

1 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Love your idea for the lake this weekend, Holly. Everyone is always so ready to get to the lake at the beginning of summer - I know we are!
Even if we all end up being there on Labor Day, too, it would make it feel more "optional."
There's a possibility that we could be in a city championship for Mitch's baseball late on Saturday, but then we would be on our way to the lake!
jill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home