Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALAN!!!

Well, by the time I got the pictures posted, it is already the day after Alan's birthday. However, I have had fun remembering the occasion of his birth in a hospital in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I will never forget the feeling when they placed him in my arms after announcing that I had just given birth to a boy. It was wonderful!!! The only problem was that I had planned and prayed and expected a girl. A girl would have evened it up nicely with 2 girls and 2 boys--perfect and complete family. I knew I would never give up this precious little blonde guy, but I was just wondering where my girl was. I now know that God had a much, much better plan.

I still wouldn't trade my happy, loving, amazing son for any girl in the world. I thank God for him daily. I could not have imagined 39 years ago (at the tender age of 24) that we would enjoy the blessing of watching him grow into such a wonderful Christian husband, father, leader and professional who loves and inspires so many of us on a daily basis. He is a blessing to our family, our church, and our community, and we are truly proud of him. Happy Birthday, Alan

2 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger dale brown said...

Alan, you make me a very proud father. I am so grateful we are able to share so much of our lives together. You are a blessing. God be praised! Love you, Dad

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think I definitely married up! If I must say so myself, I do think he's a pretty amazing guy! Thank you for all the sweet words, grandma. You did good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home