Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

CRUISE ALMOST OVER

We are enjoying every minute of our last few days of our cruise. The strangest thing is that we just skipped Wednesday and so it is Friday where we are. As I told Melissa, we are 5 hours earlier but a day later. Go figure.

Tonight we had dinner with some friends including the onboard pastor and his wife, and in the course of the conversation realized that the man who died was a man we had dinner with on the 2nd or 3rd night of the cruise. We had such a good visit with him and his wife (Bob and Dolores) and realized we had been on a cruise with them last summer. He used to be in the flower growing business in California. They are from Carlsbad, California (not Coronado). I had seen her several times in the past few days without him and we always spoke. She was at the devotional this morning and a small "cocktail party" we went to tonight. I knew I hadn't seen Bob with her, but didn't ask about him. Right now I am feeling terrible that I didn't know and respond to her. He was such a dear, sweet man. He is still onboard, and they will get off in Auckland and send the body home. We are still in shock. Nothing has been said in a public way, so the only thing we heard was through ship's gossip. Hopefully tomorrow I can find her and give her a hug.

I finally figured out a way to post pictures. I know no one wants to see so many pictures, but it is a way for me to record it while I can remember. Please, do not feel obligated to look at them. (I know you won't. :))

There are so many stories to tell. Tonight we were invited to a party by this couple in the daily devotional group. They are newlyweds. She is probably 30, tiny little Filapino, and he is probably 80 years old, American. They met on the internet. They are in the largest suite on the ship--Deck 11. It is really beautiful. Interesting couple. They are traveling until they find a place to do ministry. Another lady has two suites--one for herself and another for her clothes. Then there is the movie producer who is probably at least 80 years old, but his sweet wife is not allowed to tell how long they have been married or the age of their children so people can't guess how old he is. He says in his business you can't be old. So many stories. I think there is opportunity for ministry, but lots of masks and walls.

We have had a fabulous time. We think we might want to do the world cruise someday. We miss everyone and would LOVE to hear about any games and what is going on.

Tomorrow is one more day at sea and we are going to do whatever fun things we can. We will stay in touch. Love, Grandma, Mom

P.S. I have learned there are two absolute conversation stoppers I can say: 1) "We were missionaries in Brazil." and 2) "We have 23 grandchildren." :)

1 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

You are SO not boring people! I have read every word and loved every picture! What an unbelievable experience!
Know that we love you very much and look forward to you being home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home