Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thanks Dad

Dear Dad,
I missed having you in the country today. I like Father's day. I always have. I am proud of you Dad. Proud of the man you are. Proud of the legacy you have handed down to me. I am proud of the name I share. I am proud for people to know I am your son. Mostly I am grateful that when God describes himself as father, that means something good and powerful to me. Not everyone can say that. I cannot know, this side of heaven, how deeply you have influenced who I am. I just count myself one of the most blessed men on the planet. Happy Father's day. It is for men like you that we celebrate fathers. I love you. Tod

3 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for all you do.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

Dad, I've been thinking of you all day today. Especially when I was taking communion, thinking of you somewhere across the ocean remembering Jesus, probably not in the same usual way on this Sunday, but remembering Him for sure. I really missed being able to hug you and tell you in person that I love you (and AMEN the things Tod said.)

In church we were asked what special characteristics we saw in our dads. Out of the many that came to mind, the one I shared with our communion group is this--I have always felt completely loved and protected by you. What a great reflection of my Father in heaven!

I hope you have had a wonderful day! I love you!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger dale brown said...

Father's Day was wonderful for me! With my own father I tended to take his role for granted and felt much the same about myself as a father. It was just something that men do as a part of going through life.

As I consider fatherhood from my present perspective it has continued to take on a deeper and richer significance. Not only am I more aware of the blessings that continually come to me as father to six fantastic people, but I can see how my sons and sons-in-law bless me as you care for my precious grandkids and their mothers.

Thank you for being generous with your words on this special day, but immensely more than that, thank you for sacrificially serving as fathers. You bless and honor me far beyond what I could have imagined.

I love you lots.

Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home